Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Haru*Hana Chansung Interview



Haru Hana Vol. 020 Chansung
 
“Full-scale acting activities start!”


He fascinated viewers as an ace of National Intelligence Service. Chansung took a role of elite National Intelligent Service agent Gong Doha in spy drama “Level 7 Civil Servant”, led by Juwon and Choi Kanghee’s characters. Although it was the first time he launched full-scale acting activities in Korean drama, he was highly praised by the viewers for his exquisite acting that was topped by this sharp eyes and voice tone.



“Doha is a conservative character who does not compromise, and protects what he must protect. On top of that, since he has strong personal beliefs and thinks for himself, he does nothing that would result in betrayal. I think these are his charming points. Also, while playing Doha, I had in mind the Bourne series with Matt Damon. I wanted to create charismatic, but free image."
 
Chansung also says that while playing Doha, he found some similar points.
 
“I thought that perhaps Doha was similar to me in a way that he doesn’t lie. Because, even if I do lie, I get caught immediately. On the other hand, I am different from Doha in a way that I always tend to agree to compromise. If you think that learning helps you, I’m the type who says that it’s okay to learn by changing your own thoughts as well.”


The role of a National Intelligence Service agent on a top secret assignment. Exhaustive action scenes also caught viewers’ eyes.

“I personally thought of all the movements in the action scenes, luckily I felt at ease as I didn’t hear any bad words regarding it. (laughs) I wasn’t too anxious about action scenes, because I had experience of filming them previously in a Japanese drama “Kaito Royale”, so I was able to enjoy it while filming. As far as the firearm scenes are concerned, we used live ammunition in some, but I found it very interesting, because it was my first time!”

Along with the action scenes, you also revealed your abs, but it seems like you are somewhat disappointed about it.

“If I had some more time before filming, I would have been able to show even firmer abs… it’s a bit disappointing.”


Also, if we talk about the must-see parts of the drama, we cannot ignore the love triangle between yours and Han Gillo (Juwon) and Kim Seowon (Choi Kanghee) characters.
 
“It was the first time playing a character with a love line, I didn’t know well how to act it out. Personal relationship experience didn’t come up too (laughs). However, it was possible to play it, because Choi Kanghee senior led me well.”


What would be your choice if you got caught into a love triangle relationship just like Doha?
 
“I would back away. Because the relationship with that person would become awkward, and also I would hate ruining the good relationship with one single “I like you” on my side. My ideal type would be someone who has only me on her mind, but since that would also be rather burdensome… firstly, her life, secondly, her family, and then me? I’m fine with being the third or fourth most important thing in her life. If I’d be number 5, then it’s a bit… (laughs). However, the most important thing is that she would enjoy her life, and if I’m one of those enjoyable things, then I think it’s ok.”



More Questions for Chansung

Q1. What kind of person is Juwon?

A. There are many things I could learn from Juwon hyung, he’s a person you feel comfortable with when you’re together. He’s overflowing with affection, and although we cannot see each other every day, it seems like we could meet any-time if we contact each other… Naturally, he’s good at acting, but I always think that he’s skilful in treating well the people he likes. I’m not that good at expressing myself. I think that’s the hard part of human relationships.

Q2. Do you have a personal way to stay healthy?

A. Exercise is the best way to reduce stress. Lately I’ve been playing badminton in a variety show. Although badminton is a very hard sport, it’s interesting. Also reading books and, oh, gaming also works to reduce stress. Lately I’m into a game called “League of legends”.

Q3. Do you like hot or cold?

A. If I had to choose between the two, I can tolerate cold. I’m a person with lots of heat, so even if I move a little bit, I sweat and get hot.

Q4. 2PM members encouraged you by participating in the OST. What were their impressions after watching the drama?

A. Since we’ve sung all together before, each time Junho’s voice came out in the drama, I had a very delicate feeling (laughs). The members supported me saying things like “Not bad”, “Good job”, “Acting’s still a bit stiff”, “Wouldn’t it be better to loosen a little bit” and so on.

Q5. What is one thing that you do not lose to anyone else?
  A. There is no such thing. I focus and work hard on everything. 

——— MAY BE TAKEN OUT WITH PROPER CREDITS!
Kor-Eng: Egle @2pmalways
Jpn-Kor: 찬찬이 @CS Union

No comments:

Post a Comment