Sunday, November 17, 2013

Translations - HIGHCUT MAGAZINE VOL. 113 (Taecyeon’s part)


A nail artist Somi (by Lee Yeonhee) believes marriage is all about 'love' while chef Woncheol (by Ok Taecyeon) refutes that it's the 'comradeship'. They feel bored with each other after 7 years of being together. When Somi goes to Jeju Island for a nail art competition a week before her big day, she runs into a travel agent Kyungsoo (by Joo Jihoon) and becomes strongly attracted to him. The rest three couples have somewhat noisy comic factors, but Somi and Woncheol show the most detailed emotional conflicts. While their relationship is in extreme danger on screen, Ok Taecyeon and Lee Yeonhee, both 25, are friends who enjoy playing pranks off screen.

Q: In the movie, Lee Yeonhee and Joo Jihoon are so sweet in Jeju Island. Taecyeon, were you jealous watching all those scenes?

Taecyeon: When I first read the synopsis, I liked the contrast between the two locations: where I live is a place very familiar and ordinary to you, but moving on to Jeju, you feel like you are in a paradise. From a third-person perspective, I suppose I would follow where the fantasy of Jeju leads me. Still, how could I let such a beautiful woman go alone to Jeju Island?



Q: There are many singers in your agencies. Who do you want to sing at your wedding in the future?

Yeonhee: I am afraid I would disappoint them if I pick some specific names, but I want my wedding singer to have a sweet and soft voice. Maybe Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun and Super Junior’s Kyuhyun?

Taecyeon: Wow, you are so specific. First, I want J.Y Park to officiate and my 2PM members to sing at my wedding. It’s all just my own wishful thinking. I don’t know what would happen. It’s early days yet.

Q: Yeonhee, you said you wanted to receive a romantic proposal on the banks of Han River with a beautiful nightscape. Do you have any ideas about your dream wedding? What is your perfect wedding like?

Yeonhee: I’d like to take my wedding vows in a modest venue with a small group of close friends and family members rather than to hold a big loud ceremony at a hotel. As for the wedding gown, I prefer a simple sleek dress to a fancy one.

Taecyeon: I agree with you. I’m not sure what my future wife would think about it, but in my opinion, it would be right to have a private low-key celebration. We don’t have to hold a grand fancy wedding ceremony to declare our love for each other.

Yeonhee: I feel the same way. (laugh)

Taecyeon: Then, marry me, hahaha.



Q: You didn’t show a lot of skin in the movie, but your love scene was quite explicit. Were you nervous or embarrassed while shooting it?

Yeonhee: Since it was a very important scene, I pondered a lot on how I could express those feelings in a right way. Physical touch is another medium to convey emotions and express affections, so I took it seriously. Well, as you all know, Taecyeon is more cheerful than serious. I would say he seemed to be on edge. Anyway, it was fun to shoot that scene.

Taecyeon: Well, you can’t help getting nervous when you shoot a love scene. We had to portray the naturalness of a couple who have been dating for 7 years. I wanted to relax but I couldn’t help it. I was so tense. 



Q: The best fan service at Busan International Film Festival this year was probably Taecyeon’s surprise appearance on stage with Baek Jiyoung.

Yeonhee: I heard about it. What did you do in Busan?

Taecyeon: Didn’t you see me performing on stage?

Yeonhee: Ah, no, too bad!

Taecyeon: I was informed of her singing performance 10 minutes before the show time. A film festival insider said, “Hey, come on to the stage with her.” And I jokingly replied, “If she sings ‘My Ear’s Candy’, I will do so.” Then, she really got to sing it. People downstairs spotted me sitting upstairs and began to chant my name, “Ok Taecyeon, Ok Taecyeon!” I was carried along by the atmosphere to perform with her on stage. 




Q: Suppose you were married, how many points would you give to yourself as a husband or wife? 

Yeonhee: If I’m married, I will devote myself to my family. More than my work. Our job is not easy to fully understand for the spouse. We have a different lifestyle, irregular hours, and self-centered daily routine. Realistically, considering others is not feasible. If I’m married, I would like to put my work aside and be the queen of housewives.  

Taecyeon: So, how many points? 

Yeonhee: I’ll give 8 points out of 10.  

Taecyeon: I am confident that I’ll get 10 points out of 10. I really like what I’m doing now. I’d like to keep working rather than to take a break. But if I’m married and have a wife, it means I’ve found Mrs. Right who made me want to marry her badly enough to set aside everything else, then I will let things go. She will be worthy of it and I will focus all my energy on her.

Cr by myboytaec

No comments:

Post a Comment